Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Week Of Firsts

First, the Little Man rolled over (on Grandma's birthday):



Yes, the above pictures were staged because apparently he only planned to roll over the one time. He hates tummy time, so when he realized that's where rolling over gets you, he looked at us, smiled, and flipped right on over to his back again.

Next came the first bite of rice cereal:

I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure he was thinking something along the lines of, "Seriously? You people eat ALL DAY and this is what it's like? I was expecting something a little more like the Cool Whip my Uncle Dev put on my paci last month. Where is he anyway? Because this stuff is NASTY!"

Then E was looking out the back window saying, "Mommy, come look." Now, if I stopped what I was doing every time she said this, I would never accomplish anything, and I would have looked at approximately 985,632 lizards over the past few years. This time she insisted I come look. And this is what I saw on top of our water slide:



1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

Oh my word! Did that hawk poke holes in the slide?? You know the neighborhood pet hawk here flew into the neighbor's porch, didn't you. I should provide him a lovely squishy slide to perch on like you did your pet hawk.

I'm seriously thinking Little Man needs to spend some time with Aunt J. I will give him cool whip!