Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I had a post about college football in my head this morning, but that will have to wait until later in the week.

I just came in from sitting on my patio with The Boy as we watched Navy jets fly over our house.  It was amazing.  They were so close, and the noise was incredible.  One of those noises you feel in your chest.

It brought tears to my eyes and brought back all the memories of that day ten years ago when it felt like the world was ending.  I held The Tween all day that day.  She was only three months old at the time.  I was terrified about the world she would grow up in.

Our lives have changed so much since that day, but I hope that we never forget the lives that were lost, and I pray that we, as a nation, will always be grateful for those who are still fighting to keep us safe and free.

Photobucket

No comments: