Monday, April 28, 2008

Why Blog?


It was only after quite a bit of reading of other people's blogs that I decided to start my own. I guess I need to explain why exactly I decided to do such a thing. I mean, it's not like I have nothing else to do with my time. I stay busy, never feel completely caught up on anything, and never get enough sleep, so why exactly do I feel this need to add one more thing to my life?
It's pretty simple really, I need a creative outlet. I have always loved to read and write. I used to scrapbook and would love to get that started back up again. Sweetpea has an album for each of her first 3 years. Princess E has one or two pages. The problem with scrapbooking is that it is on ongoing project. It doesn't have a definite ending point, and at this point, I can't see how I could ever get caught up. Then there's the fact that I don't have the space to leave my stuff out. I would love to have a room all my own. A room where I could spread out my pictures and papers and scissors and punches and adhesives and you get the picture. However, that room is just a dream, and it is so much trouble to get everything out and then have to put it all up again.
So, I decided to start this blog as a way of keeping track of our day to day lives. I have tons of pictures stored away on my computer. This way I can at least display them somewhere. I also need to document the hilarious things my kids do and say. My mother is always telling me I should be writing this stuff down because even though I think I will remember it, I probably won't. She's right (boy, do I hate it when that happens). I can barely remember anything these days, so documenting their lives is pretty important.
And so, when I get a minute, I will have this place to unload my thoughts and preserve my memories.