Saturday, December 18, 2010

3 Months

Miss Priss turned three months old on Monday.

I didn't do an official three month photo shoot.  I've been busy with Christmas decorating and Christmas shopping and speech therapy and school stuff and church stuff and family stuff.  But I do have a few out takes from our Christmas card shoot!


I don't think I ever posted after her weight check at 2 1/2 months.  Remember, she only weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces at her two month well visit, so our pediatrician wanted to see her again in two weeks to check her weight.  Well, after the nurse weighed her, the doctor came in and asked if she had been eating turkey over Thanksgiving.  She was up to 10 pounds, 5 ounces!  By the way, my brother weight 10 pounds, 4 ounces AT BIRTH!  And my mother delivered him vaginally.  Ouch!


So, the three month visit was pretty routine.  She now weighs 11 pounds, 4 ounces.  She's 24 1/8 inches long.  That's the 75th percentile for length, 25th for weight.

She seems to be getting over her reflux issues.  I forgot to give her the zantac one day, and she seemed fine, so I stopped it.  I still have some in case things go south, but for now, she seems okay without it.  She does spit up a lot.  I'm really not sure how she's gaining weight at all.  It seems she spits up more than she drinks, and usually all over me.  Lovely!



She is sleeping through the night.  Of course, that is when she's sleeping on my chest or snuggled up to her daddy.  I'll be honest.  I'm so exhausted by the time she falls asleep at night (usually around 10:00 or 11:00) that I just fall asleep with her.  I'm afraid if I put her down, she'll wake up, and all I want is sleep, so I hold her all night.  She usually wakes up around 7:00 ready for breakfast.  Last night, I did put her in her crib, and she slept for about four hours before waking.  At that point, I put her in bed with me and nursed her, and she went right back to sleep, so maybe we're making progress.

She's smiling and laughing and cooing, and she loves attention.  If no one is paying any attention to her, she'll start to fuss, but the second someone starts to talk to her, she lights up.


As her daddy said while snuggling her last night, "She's good stuff."

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Too sweet for words that precious little one and your description of night time snuggles and nursing made me yearn for another baby! Way to go! LOL!