Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Where to start, where to start? It was such a long week, I really don't even remember what we did or did not do or what did or did not happen!

Hmmmm let's see, I know I did not spend the entire week procrastinating about getting my tax stuff together. Since I have my own daycare business and need to keep track of my income, expenses, mileage, etc. I am always on top of things and wouldn't think of having a year's worth of grocery receipts stuffed in a Ziploc.

I did not miss my nephew's 13th birthday party because my Princess already had a play date scheduled. A play date we had been trying to arrange for weeks. Or because the three hour drive alone with my three kids while my mouth throbbed from the possible infection caused by the sadistic oral surgeon seemed too much to bear. No way would I have done such a thing. I adore my nephew and would never dream of letting him down. And I do not feel guilty at all.

I have not had a post about my friend, Scott, stuck somewhere in my head and my heart for the last week. I am not blown away by what he has accomplished, what he is working to accomplish still or by his story of faith, healing and redemption. I'm sure he tells his story better than I could anyway, but I think this picture pretty much sums it up.



I did not take my girls to hear Scott speak at a local church last Sunday, and I most certainly did not leave my camera in the diaper bag with the Little Man. I'm sure he would have loved to take pictures of his new friends in the nursery had I actually left the camera with him, but I really wanted pictures of my girls with Scott, so surely I wouldn't leave the camera with the baby.

And also, I do not enjoy the fact that my girls think I'm cool just because I know Scott and he's "kinda famous".

So, that's it for me this week. At least as far as my poor, tired, hopped up on massive doses of antibiotics and Motrin brain will allow me to remember. I'm sure there are other unimaginable things I didn't do.

1 comment:

Lisa Noel said...

you know I never followed up, did Scott win that contest thing that they had the online voting for?