Friday, September 25, 2009

Alphabitty Moments - The Letter D





Alphabitty Moments is a blog carnival created by MamaBear at 4 the Love of Family as a way to record the little things our kids do.

I'm a little behind this week. I got sidetracked when I got this book in the mail.


I couldn't put it down until I finished reading it. Scott Rigsby is a friend from high school, or actually from 5th grade through high school, so I already knew the end of the story, but I still couldn't put it down. As a result of an accident the summer after our senior year, Scott had to have both legs amputated below the knee. After years of struggling with depression and addiction, in October 2007, Scott became the first below the knee amputee to to complete an Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, 26.2 mile run) on prosthetics. The book hits book stores October 1, and I highly recommend it. Scott is truly an inspiration!

Moving forward.

This week's Alphabitty Moments letter is 'D'. 'D' is for Disney. We love going to Disney. Living in Florida, only a two hour drive from Disney World, we used to get season passes every year. We let them lapse the year I was pregnant with Little Man, and we haven't been able to re-new them yet. The girls and I can't wait for Little Man to go on his first Disney trip.

The pictures in these layouts were taken during trips in March and May 2007.






I really wasn't planning to use the same word for both girls, but it has worked out that way the last two weeks.

Now go check out other Alphabitty Moments at MamaBear's campground!

2 comments:

samantha said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Love the name of your blog ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts you did this week! How awesome that you live so close to Disney - it's such a magical place!