Friday, December 4, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments

My friend, Carrie, at 4 The Love of Family, is hosting another blog carnival. For the first 25 days in December, she is posting a photo of one of her favorite Christmas ornaments and the story of why that ornament is special to her family. I had planned to jump right in on day one, but have I mentioned I've been in a funk?

At this point my tree is up, and I have put 2000+ lights on it. We have not, however, got our act together enough to get the ornaments on the tree.

Hopefully tomorrow will be our day to finish getting our house Christmas ready. It's supposed to be cold and rainy here tomorrow, so it sounds like the perfect day to do stuff around the house.

I can't promise 25 days of Christmas ornaments, or even the 21 days we have left at this point. Maybe I'll just have 12 days of Christmas ornaments. Or 8.5. Or, you know, whatever.

I did get the angel up on the tree today. She really isn't much to look at. Sort of cheap and a little tacky, actually. But, I bought her the first Christmas after my husband and I were married, and she has been on the top of our tree since that time.

Next Thursday is our 15 year anniversary. I think she's held up quite nicely, don't you?



2 comments:

MamaBear said...

She sure has!

We got our tree up today, but we didn't get that many lights on :)

I lost count at 50 ornaments though. It's a beast of a tree - at least 6 feet across. I blame Sam.

Pajama Mama said...

I love the sentimental ornaments the best....I like to say that our Christmas tree tells a story...beginning with our first Christmas together..