Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Pre-Summer Mini Vacation

This is Florida, and it's 97 degrees today, so I really can't call it pre-summer! But my girls don't officially start their summer vacation until school is out tomorrow.

I couldn't wait for a trip to the beach, so we took a little weekend mini vacation to our friend's condo this past weekend.

I had my camera with me, but didn't manage to take one single picture. I was too busy soaking up the sun and enjoying the sand between my toes.

Little Man is obsessed with water, and absolutely loved the pool. I never used swim wings on my girls. They were both swimming like fish when they were two, but they had a healthy respect for the water. Little Man is another story. He has no fear, and he doesn't really realize he can't swim. He'll just jump right in, and my heart really can't take it. So, I caved and bought swim wings for him. It's the best $1.50 I've ever spent. He had a ball in the pool and wore himself out!

He does have a fear of the ocean waves, which made sitting on the beach with him much more relaxing than sitting at the pool. He would run into the water, but the second he saw a wave coming his way, he'd come flying back to Mommy or Daddy.

Even though I didn't take pictures on this trip, here's a little collage from last summer!


No comments: