Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Summer Vacation-Week 1

My friend, Carrie, is using her blog to document each day of her summer vacation with her kids.  While I think that is a fine idea, I know without a doubt I won't be able to blog daily.  So, I'm going to attempt to write a post each week.  It won't be the same day each week.  It may not even happen each and every week. 

I am that organized and dedicated.

Our summer vacation officially began last Wednesday when my girls got out of school.

Wednesday night was the Princess' end of year Girl Scout swim party.  She insisted that we take sausage dip a/k/a Mommy Crack even though no one ate it last year when I sent a double batch.  This year, I made a regular size batch, and every drop was gone.  The girls had a great time.  I was expecting a little bit of girl drama because a few days before the end of school, the Princess' "boyfriend" dumped her for a girl in her troop.  She actually told me she thought 3rd grade would be her year, but it wasn't because her "enemy" is dating her "boyfriend."  Oy.  What will teen years be like?

Thursday was supposed to be spent cleaning our house.  I am determined to get clean and organized this summer.  I sent the kids outside to get them out of my hair have them wash the wagon so we could put it in the car for Friday.  They ended up staying outside for almost two glorious hours.  They even filled the wheelbarrow with water and used it as a pool for the Little Man.  Can you say red neck children?

Friday was my great niece's 2nd birthday, so we went with them to the zoo, hence the need for a clean wagon.  We ended up using the wagon to hold our stuff.  The two two year olds walked most of the time.  It was fun, but HOT.  After the zoo, we all had lunch at McDonald's, then went to my sister-in-law's house for cookie cake and ice cream.  We were all exhausted by the end of the day.

Saturday, we headed to Nana's so we could go to the pool.  I'm not sure if I had a touch of a stomach bug or if it was a pregnancy related thing, but I felt icky.  I toughed it out and went to the pool anyway.  I figured I could stay home and feel bad, or sit in the pool and feel bad.  At least in the pool I could get a little sun.  Large amounts of tanned flesh look a little better than large amounts of pasty flesh.  Or at least that's my theory.

My girls were gone all day Sunday, and I still felt a little queasy, so the Little Man and I just chilled out at home all day.  By chilled out, I mean that I sat around feeling queasy while he made messes and lots and lots of noise.

Today was another stay home day, other than grocery shopping.  It is so hot and humid here right now that any venture outside pretty much does me in.

Tomorrow is the Princess' 9th birthday.  We have plans for dinner at Nana's, and we'll be enjoying a night of fine dining and entertainment at Chuck E. Cheese's later in the week. 

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Great pics of your zoo excursion - I wished our summer holidays would start as well - but we will have to wait until August... Greetings from Germany