Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009: Part 1

I need to go ahead and post some Christmas pictures and memories. You know, before summer!

This year, we had six trees in our house. No, our house isn't really big enough for six trees, but I love decorating for Christmas, and love coming up with new ideas for our trees.

Our main tree is a real tree and is always decorated with white lights and gold, white and clear glass ornaments. I go a little crazy with the lights. This tree was only about 7 feet tall, but it had over 2000 lights!

The other tree in our living room is the tree with all the ornaments the girls have made over the years, and all the ornaments given to me by friends and family.

Little Man's tree this year was decorated with colored lights and the matchbox cars that belonged to his daddy when he was a little boy.

The girls had their white feather tree again this year. It is decorated with colored pipe cleaners. There was a bit of a war over the tree this time. The Princess wanted to use it as a night light every night. The Tween Queen thought it was too bright. The only solution I could come up with was to add some very old lights that I think used to be red, but now appear pink. If we turned off the white lights, the pink ones just added a nice soft glow to the room.

I put a tree in our toy room this year for the first time. It had all red lights and was decorated with ornaments given to me by my mother in law. They are ornaments she used on her tree when my husband was little.



I'm starting to rethink the all white/gold/glass tree. I have done it this way for years now, and I think I might want to add a little color next year.



My mother has a HUGE artificial tree, and every year on Christmas Day, when we get to her house, I realize how pretty her tree is with all her colorful ornaments.



I'm hoping when I get a chance to head to Target and Hobby Lobby, there will still be a few deeply discounted Christmas items left so I can start collecting some other color to go on my tree.

3 comments:

CraftGirlAlli said...

You can never have too many trees! I remember when growing up, we all had a little tree in our room and got to decorate it however we wanted. I always loved doing that!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awww I love all of your trees!!!

Hugs,
Rebel

Angel said...

Your ornament pics look really good. They could be from a magazine if I did not recognize most of them.