Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inspired by My Nephew

I have this nephew.  Actually I have six nephews.  I also have six nieces.  I like things to be even.

But I digress.

My oldest nephew recently told me that for a school assignment, he came up with 230 something (I think) things he hates.

At first I was appalled.  That seems like a lot of hate in one 15 year old boy.  He told me he didn't list any people other than celebrites like Justin Bieber.  Knowing what I do about my nephew, most of his "hates" were probably about music.  He's very into music these days.  Especially '90's Grunge.  Kurt Cobain is his hero.

I worry about him.

A lot.

After I thought about it for a while, I realized that it's actually pretty easy to think of things we hate.  Just today, I have had thoughts like, "I hate when I think there's one last piece of chocolate in the bag, and really I already ate the last one."  And, "I hate that I have no will power to just stop eating the chocolate already."  I hate that my little people both have colds today.  I hate that my house is a mess.  I hate that a three year old boy moved my memory card reader, and I can't find the USB cord that goes with my camera, so I can't upload Easter pictures. 

I really hate Easter basket grass!

I could go on and on, and I bet it wouldn't take long at all to reach 230 something.

BUT.

I have decided that in honor of My Nephew I am going to come up with 230 something things I love.  Or at least that I like a lot.  Or that just make me happy for no other reason than that I'm a little weird.

I won't be listing all 230 something in one post because that would be long and potentially boring.

So, my intent is to post a few things each week. 

I think I shall call it "What I Love Wednesday". 

Maybe.

I'll get started tomorrow!

Feel free to join me if you wish.  Just let me know in the comments so I can read what you love too!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Great way to turn a negative into a positive!! I look forward to reading what you love! :)

Pajama Mama said...

That was a lot of hatin'!