Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Firsts

My Little Man's firsts are a little bittersweet for me. I am so excited to see him growing and learning and doing new things, but I know they are my last firsts, so it makes me a little sad. His first step will be the last first step I get to see a child of mine take. I just sometimes wish he could stay my little baby a little longer.

However, Little Man sees things a little differently. He seems to be on a mission to grow up the last few days. He has been sitting up when we put him in that position, and then Sunday night, he was rolling around and suddenly sat up all by himself. He has been rolling and scooting everywhere for a while. He has also been pulling things off the coffee table. If there is a piece of paper hanging over the edge, it will end up on the floor. Then he started trying to pull himself up. If we sit him in front of something, he will grab it and pull with all his might trying to get into a standing position. We finally gave in and just stood him up. We don't leave him alone, but he can stand for quite some time. Now he can pull himself up onto his knees. I think it's only a matter of days before he'll be pulling up to a standing position.
Then on Monday, he decided to crawl. He has only done it twice, and both times were only for me. I've tried to get him to crawl when someone else is in the room, but he won't do it. He also wouldn't do it when I had my camera.

Monday night's bath was a first too. It was his first bath in the big tub without his baby tub. I know he should have been out of that thing a long time ago, but honestly, he just loved it so much, I hated to take him out of it. But he had started trying to pull himself out, so I knew it was time. One more baby thing gone! He loves the big boy bath just as much as the baby tub.

We have also started giving him some more food choices. Actually, we have been working on this for a while. He just did not like anything with any texture, and he wouldn't feed himself anything. I could put food on his tray, and he would play with it, but wouldn't try to put anything in his mouth. Now, if he had found it on the floor, that would have been another story. He has finally started to experiment a little more, and tonight I gave him some green beans after he finished off his sweet potatoes. I managed to capture the whole thing. I think it was a success.















And finally, he has developed a new grin that is just to die for. He started doing it anytime I would smile at him, and when he did it for the camera, it just cracked me up. I know the picture is blurry, but I had to snap it quickly, and then my battery died before I could try again.

3 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

HAHAHAHA! It's well after midnight...I couldn't sleep and that face made me laugh!!! I'll have sweet dreams now...

I remember feeling the same with with Doodle. All of those last firsts...

Lisa Noel said...

AW. He is such a cutie. We've seen a lot of changes lately too, B's still behind but like you I'm in no rush for my last to grow up!!

Gracie said...

I am so feeling you on this!!! My Kohen is doing this too and I am NOT ready!