Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mother Of The Year


My sweet online friend, Kristine, gave me a Mother of the Year award. Kristine is the mommy of two beautiful little girls. She's a budding photographer, and she's just as sweet as can be. Plus, she called my kids 'gorgeous', so what's not to love about her? So, thank you Kristine!!
On another note, I won my first bloggy give-a-way! I got an e-book: Living and Learning on One Income from Sheri at Homeschooling on a Wing and a Prayer. No, I'm not officially a homeschooler, but I am trying to live on one income, and need all the advice I can get on how to stretch that one income to cover the expenses of a family of five. And, I'm sure my kids feel like they have the best (or worst) of both worlds because I do try to do a lot of extra teaching at home.
My little Princess, for one, is learning all about that after making a comment that it's not her fault she doesn't know how to count money because it's not her fault she lives "in a house where everybody is too busy to teach me." Needless to say, all my spare time and effort will be going into teaching that child something........not sure what exactly that will be yet. How to count money. How to tell time. How to keep thoughts to yourself when they might cause your mother to blow her lid if you say them out loud.

No comments: