Thursday, November 19, 2009

Alphabitty Moments - The Letters J & K

This blog carnival was created by MamaBear at 4 the Love of Family. For more Alphabitty Moments, check out her site!

This week, I am doing the letters J and K. I got behind again. So sue me.

I had a hard time with the letter J, which explains why I got behind. I didn't like anything I could come up with. Then it hit me.

My 8 year old is required to read something out loud to me every night as part of her homework. Lately, she has been obsessed with the
Junie B. Jones books written by Barbara Park. They are a little below her reading level. She's in 3rd grade and reads on a 5th grade level. Not that I'm bragging or anything. She's only required to read for 15 minutes each night, but she won't stop until she has read the whole book. And these books are hilarious. Her older sister had the same obsession a few years ago, so I believe we own every Junie B. book ever written.

Funny side note: These books all start with the same paragraph, "My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice. Except I don't like Beatrice. I just like B and that's all." The first time The Princess read one of these books out loud, she pronounced Beatrice just like it's spelled. Beat rice. Now she giggles every time she gets to that name.



K is for Kindergarten Luau. All the Kindergarten classes at my daughter's school have a luau at the end of the year. Some of the teachers have been there for many years, so they have it down to a science. They know exactly what works and what doesn't, and the kids all have a ball. Even the 6th graders are a little jealous when they see the Kindergarteners on luau day. I was room mom when The Princess had her luau, and I had almost as much fun as the kids.




1 comment:

MamaBear said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!Header! I love the contrast between the red and the white and the B&W images is perfect!

I love the stories behind your beautiful layouts...that long picture for the luau page? L.O.V.E I.T!!!!

Your heading for your button made me smile since I can't make a button.- I've tried before and failed and with the Christmas Carnival just around the corner, be prepared - I'm gonna be asking for help! I stink at code.