Tuesday, June 7, 2011

And Now She Speaks?

I know I am about to sound like one of those moms.

You know, the moms who swear their baby rolled over while still in the hospital.

Or walked at four months.

And if I hadn't witnessed it for myself, if I had just heard the story from my husband, I wouldn't have believed him.

But, she spoke!

Baby Girl was sitting in her highchair.  Her daddy looked at her from across the table and waved to her.  She lifted her little chubby hand, turned it toward her own face, waved and very clearly said, "Bye, bye."

And it wasn't just a one time thing.  She did it over and over.  I was shocked and may have teared up a little.  She seems determined to grow up.

Then she got distracted by the Gerber Puff stuck inside her grubby, sticky little fist.

Later, The Tween was trying to get Baby Girl's attention and said her name in a high pitched sing song voice, and it really sounded like Baby Girl was trying to imitate that too.

So, my three year old is in speech therapy, and my not quite nine month old is starting to talk? 

What is wrong with this picture.

I know from experience that girls who talk early also talk often.

Constantly.

 Incessantly. 

Maybe the advantage to having Baby Girl at my age is that my hearing will fade quickly!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

Oh goodness, what a sweetie!!!