Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Love List 51 ~ 60


Did you ever have one of those days where every single stinking thing seems to go wrong, or at least is not as easy as it should be?

Yesterday was one of those days for me.

The Boy had to go potty THREE times in his half hour speech therapy session. 

He made a puddle on the floor at home...TWICE. 

He wet his own clothes...THRICE. 

He insisted he needed to go potty THREE times during talent show tryouts at The Tween's school.

He yelled and made a lot of noise in the car.  When I asked him to be quiet or face time out when we got home, he threw the baby's toy at The Teen.

When he went to time out, he stood at the door and screamed, "NO, not today" over and over and over.

I found out a friend feels betrayed by me, when I really never meant to hurt her feelings and would never, ever betray her.

Days like yesterday make the idea of making a list of things I love seem as difficult as, well, as difficult as keeping The Boy in clean underwear. 

Days like yesterday also make this list making journey well worth the time and effort.  Not only to prove a point to my nephew, who may or may not still be following the links I'm sending him, but because it makes me dig deep and look past the aggravations and irritations and frustrations and look for the good things in my day. 

 Yes, a lot of the things on my list are little things and some are pretty silly and superficial, but I have found myself turning negatives (I hate when people don't follow the rules when picking kids up from school) to positives (I love seeing parents and kids being conscientious of the rules).

I encourage you all to start a list of your own. 

51.  The Hunger Games (We can't wait for the movie).
52.  The Real Housewives.
53.  Chocolate martinis at Copeland's.
54.  Watching as a child does something for the very first time.
55.  Al's Pizza (with fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic).
57.  Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles.
58.  Walks with my family.
59.  Lime Cake Mix Cookies (recipe to follow soon).
60.  Taking pictures

Photobucket

No comments: