Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We're Still Here


The world did not end Saturday at 6:00 PM Eastern time.

I know this because my nine year old daughter, who was at a friend's house, called at 6:30 to inform me that the world did not end.

I was at the mall with The Teen, getting her hair cut.  Judging by the number of police officers now required to patrol our mall on a Saturday night, I'm not sure we would have noticed if the Rapture did occur.  Apparently most of those people wouldn't have made the cut.

By the end of The Teen's TWO HOUR hair cut.  Seriously, two full hours, and she wasn't getting color or highlights or anything, just a cut!  I thought maybe we were in some kind of cosmetology purgatory.

The Tween also told me that her friend had told her that the people called up in the Rapture would just vanish from the earth, leaving their clothes behind.

She asked me to check and make sure Baby Girl was still with us.

Apparently, she's the only one in our family deemed worthy.

I guess I have some repenting to do.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is so funny. Yes, at 6:09 you texted me to make sure we were here. And I wondered if indeed the world had ended and a perpetual dance recital was my eternal punishment. ;) Someone on FB said we should go lay our clothes out in the yard to freak out the neighbors....